A Message from the Foundation Office
The OGA AGM was held 'virtually' on Thursday 4th June. We welcomed some guests, reviewed the year's activities and looked forward to planning next year's programme. Stay tuned on the Network for news of events.
Summer term is traditionally a hectic time in school, with trips, projects, sports events and more. Through the Distance Learning programme, many of these events have been taking place - just a little differently! - including:
We hope many of you have been able to reconnect with family and friends, and possibly even return to the allowed sports under the current guidelines.
- Junior School Sports - link shows some of the fun & games enjoyed
- P5 camps - link to read about activities and virtual trips, including tent building, memory capsules and a 'visit' to the Wallace Monument
- Scottish Culture week - link shows Edinburgh's links to slavery
- Chinese cooking - link has the recipes cooked by U4 as part of their Chinese class. The girls had a 'Teams' meeting to show off their dishes.
- Pandemic Project - link shows work by U6, examining pandemic from perspective of subjects they plan to study
- Careers Event - link reviews event programme and speakers
- Interview Skills Webinars for U6 (hosted by alumnae community)
- Lots of activities for Leavers' Week.
The Edinburgh Lockdown Economy is a really useful resource to find out about businesses who have adapted their services to offer delivery / collection or online services. Please do let us know of any similar resources in other areas so we can share!Please remember also that we have offers of help from among the Community - if anybody needs assistance with shopping etc, please get in touch and we can try to link you up.With all best wishes from the St George's Foundation Office
*please note that we have no connection to any businesses or websites mentioned in this article, and are merely sharing publicly-available information.